We may collect your personal information in the following ways:
When you join the Townrow Rewards loyalty scheme via our app or physical loyalty card we collect and process data about your purchases for direct marketing activities. Loyalty scheme users must be 18 years or older to join the loyalty scheme, in accordance with our terms and conditions.
When you contact us by telephone, post or email.
When you enter any prize draws or competitions run by us
When completing any surveys that we send to you for research purposes (although you are under no obligation to complete these).
When completing any forms in connection with an application for employment.
In addition to personal details such as your name, date of birth, gender, postal & email addresses, and telephone number, Townrow’s may also collect some of the following personal information about you:
When registering for the Townrow’s Rewards Loyalty Scheme all data provision is optional. The only fields in the registration form that are compulsory in order to register are email address and accepting the T&Cs.
We are committed to keeping your personal information safe and secure. Our security programme includes the following measures:
We will treat all your personal information as private and confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in certain circumstances, as set out below).
We confirm that any personal information which you provide to us will be held securely and in accordance with the registration that we have with the Office of the Information Commission. We will use and process your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, as amended from time to time, as well as any other relevant data protection or privacy legislation. The types of use we will make of your personal information includes the following:
1. To enable us to provide goods and services to you.
2. To verify your identity.
3. To operate our Townrow’s Rewards Loyalty Scheme
4. For crime and fraud prevention, detection, and related purposes.
5. When you have subscribed to our mailing lists to contact you by email about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you. You can of course unsubscribe from these lists at any time by contacting us or following the instructions on our emails.
6. Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information or any other information we obtain about you, we are entitled do so.
We will not keep your personal information processed by us for any purpose or purposes for longer than is necessary for that purpose or for those purposes. We retain the information captured when you register for our Loyalty Scheme whilst you continue use the scheme or 24 months after you cease use this scheme. Under data protection legislation you have the right to access information held about you. If you choose to exercise this right, then in certain circumstances your access request may be subject to an administration fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Legal basis for processing information:
Our processing of your personal information is necessary
In relation to processing of special categories of personal information, we will obtain specific consent from you unless there is otherwise a legal requirement for us to process such information.
Legitimate Interests for processing information:
Where our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds decribed above, those legitimate interests include
If at any point you no longer wish us to hold your personal information or you do not wish to receive information from us then there are a number of ways you can unsubscribe. These are as follows:
1. You can click onto the “unsubscribe” link in any communication that we send to you by email which will automatically unsubscribe you from that type of communication. Each “unsubscribe” link only relates to that specific type of communication (e.g. marketing communications or survey communications). This means that unsubscribing from marketing communications will not automatically unsubscribe you from our survey communications (or vice versa). Please also note that you may continue to receive communications which are already on route to you for a short period of time while your relevant unsubscribe request is being processed. When you unsubscribe we undertake to delete your data.
2. Alternatively, you can write to us at 1b Cooper Drive, Springwood Industrial Estate, Braintree, CM7 2RF or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You should note that where we are legally obliged to do so we will retain personal information required by that law.
You have the following rights:
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
For any questions regarding this policy, please contact us:
1. By email at email@example.com
2. By writing to us at 1b Cooper Drive, Springwood Industrial Estate, Braintree, Essex, CM7 2RF
Copyright © 2018 Townrow Department Stores - All Rights Reserved.